The Ward Museum strives to offer dynamic, hands-on programs to fit your needs and to assist you in meeting state guidelines. We offer a variety of age-appropriate education programs for early childhood, elementary, middle and high school students on topics of art, culture and nature. Choose from a full slate of innovative and engaging field trip programs, outreach courses and museum tours.
The museum can accommodate up to 60 students on site with a maximum of four programs per visit. Larger groups are welcome but must come on different days. Reservations must be made 2 weeks in advance. Rates include teachers and chaperones. Students must pack a lunch if the group plans to eat onsite. There are no concessions at the museum.
If you are unable to visit the Ward Museum we can bring programs to your school, after school program, camp or organization. Additional travel fees may be applied to school visits.
For more information or to book an education program or museum tour, please call the Education Coordinator at (410) 742-4988, ext. 110 or e-mail WardEducation@salisbury.edu.
*Please note that this form is only to inquire about availability. Field trip is NOT confirmed until the lead teacher is contacted by the Education Programs Coordinator and a confirmation packet is sent. Dates must be requested at least two weeks in advance.*
Pricing and Specials
MSDE Rate= $3 per student per program*
Non-MSDE rate= $4 per student per program
Non-profit organization rate with verification of 501(c)(3), same as MSDE rate.
- Some sessions may have an additional cost for materials
- Additional travel charges may be applied to school visits
- Price includes teachers and chaperones
*Schedule a field trip before April 1, 2012 and receive 20% off program fees. Discount applies to MSDE schools and museum site visits only.
Field Trip Packages:
Tour, Trail and "Pick-a-Program"
- This is our most economical package. It includes our a museum tour and guided nature trail walk, plus you pick an additional education program that best fits your needs. Each program is 30-45 minutes.
- MSDE= $6 per student
- Non-MSDE= $8 per student
- Pick 3 allows you to choose any three programs. Each program takes 30-45 minutes. You can request a break for lunch, which can be enjoyed in the outdoors, weather permitting.
- MSDE= $8 per student
- Non-MSDE= $10 per student
To receive more information about the Ward Museum's school programs, please contact the Education Coordinator at 410-742-4988 x110.