Saturday, August 13, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Come celebrate Delmarva culture, decoy carving, traditional arts, and local history! The Ward Museum’s one-of-a-kind, one-day folklife festival is back and in-person this year! (And totally free to attend!)
The Delmarvalous Festival is a fun celebration of Delmarva culture. Join us Saturday, August 13 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Ward Museum. The festival will feature a variety of live music, talks, demonstrations, games, and unique offerings from local artists and makers. Chesapeake Challenge registration is 8 – 10:30 am in the Museum’s backyard. More information to come!
2021 Folklife Area: Culture & Traditions
- Sandcastle Demonstration with George Zaiser
- Musical Performances from Ali & Steve Quillen (Folk Music)
- Poetry with Salisbury Poet Laureate Nancy Mitchell
- Talk with Helen Elizabeth Raleigh of Story Hill Farm – on restoring habitat to save pollinators with endangered American Heritage Randall Cattle
- Ceremonial Performance and an opening prayer by the Nause-Waiwash Band of Indians
- Bladesmithing with J.J. Simon
- Kite Making with Neal Hooks
- Distilling with Garrett Neeb
- Fiber Spinning Demonstration with Terry Tazmino
- Candle Making Demonstration with Honey Water Candles
- Musical Performances from Duo Dick Morris & Chris Sajadi (Bluegrass Music)
- Morning Yoga with Chrissy Ehrart of Zenna Wellness
- Skipjack Net Weaving with Teddy Daniels
- Filipino Dance with Marianita Albano
- Plus Much More!
2022 Chesapeake Challenge
In 2020 the Chesapeake Challenge found a new home in the Delmarvalous Festival! This decades-old tradition includes competition in several categories of decoy making. Decoys can be mailed in or registered that morning starting at 8 AM. The Contemporary Antique bird is a Scoter (any 3 US species) for 2022. And yes, there is a YOUTH division! Just note youth on your form if you are mailing in your youth’s decoys!
Delmarvalous Collections: Roadtrip Delmarva
For 2022, cruise on into the Ward Museum parking lot and show off your classic or antique car! Registration form coming soon!
2021 Folklife Area: Vendors
If you’d like to be a vendor at the Delmarvalous Festival click here to download the form. To be a part of the 2021 festival email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lower Shore Land Trust
Marshall Creek Farm
Honey Water Candles
Anchor Wood Creations
Hard Sun Clay
Fun Family Games: Hungry Gull, Chicken & Waffles, Duck Pond, Duck Butt Bowling, and Corn Hole
Thank you to our 2021 sponsors:
Chincoteague Decoy Carvers & Artists Association
Friends of George R. Root
Karl & Deb Yankey