50th Annual Ward World Championship
Wildfowl Carving Competition and Art Festival
Roland E. Powell Convention Center
Ocean City, MD
April 24, 25 & 26, 2020
Thursday, Registration 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Artist After Hours (TBD) 5 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Living Legends Award Presentation and Dinner 5:30 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
World Class Art and Carving Benefit Auction (Performing Arts Center) 2 p.m.
Award ceremony(Performing Arts Center) 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Admission: Multi-Day Pass: $10
Seniors & Students – $8
Children under 12 free (with adult)
Group rate for 6 or more: $6 per person
Living Legends Dinner Tickets: $65 for members, $75 for non-members
The World Championship is an international event where carvers, collectors, and visitors convene at the end of each April in Ocean City, MD. From highly decorative works of art to functional hunting decoys, about 1200 different wildfowl carvings representing more than 150 species from around the world can be viewed at the premiere, most prestigious competition in the world. Competitors of all levels–from youth to world champions–compete against their peers for the chance to win a portion of nearly $60,000 in prize money, as well as other recognition including ribbons, medallions, plaques and trophies. There are over 40 different divisions in which an artist can compete–decorative life-size and miniature wildfowl, floating waterfowl, interpretive, gunning decoys, contemporary antiques, sculpture, and feathers & fronds.
- See the World’s best wildfowl art!
- Attend seminars and classes by master carvers for artists of all skill levels.
- Shop from a wide variety of vendors for fine art work, home decorating items, folk art, photography, jewelry, sporting goods or carving and art supplies.
- Bid on one-of-a-kind carvings and artwork from renowned wildlife artists at the Saturday afternoon benefit auction.
- Bring the children to Kid’s Corner to create fun make-and-take projects.
- Stroll the boardwalk of the convention center while watching artfully carved decoys floating on the bay.
- View live birds of prey
- And more wonderful happening to be announced as this is the 50th Annual Show!!
With your multi-day event pass, there’s plenty to do at the Ward World Championship, all within a convenient walk or OC bus ride from your beach hotel.