Summer Fun at the Ward Museum
Looking for family fun things to do this summer on Maryland’s Eastern Shore? The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art is only a 30 minute drive from Ocean City, MD, and minutes down the street from the Salisbury Zoo. Summertime at the museum means lots of activities for all including Drop-in Art Saturdays, fun and educational youth summer camps, and a special exhibit & art sale featuring the Gallery of Artists, “Artistic Expression of Nature”. Also, on August 9-11 the Ward Museum will present the 3rd annual Art In Nature Photo Festival featuring photography competition, seminars, workshops, keynote speaker, music, food and more.
Fun for the whole family.
- Come and discover our permanent and changing exhibits in the eight air conditioned galleries. A great time for all ages. Includes interactive theatre with movie, puppet theatre, books, puzzles and more for children have fun while learning about nature and traditions.
- Shop for hand-made jewelry made from rare stones, a pen made from Maryland largest Wye Oak tree or photographs by A. Aubrey Bodine. The Museum Store features a great selection of nature themed toys & games for youth, including binoculars, bug catchers, bird whistles and more.
- Picnic on our large deck while enjoying the ducks, geese and other wildfowl float on Schumaker Pond or fly by.
- Take a stroll and explore the self-guided nature trail where you can discover more about the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Volunteer or become a member to support the museum in its endeavors and daily operations.
Plan your visit to the Ward Museum today! Whether you come for an hour or stay for the day, the Ward Museum should be on your Eastern Shore Things To Do list this summer.